Thanks so much to Dan at hurdlestohappiness.wordpress.com for nominating my blog for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! I have been blogging since December of 2009, first at sued51, and then at Last Train to Qville, so this is very much appreciated!
To be honest, I’m surprised I’m still doing it. When I started my first blog, I was unemployed and had lost my purpose. I started blogging to keep up my writing skills, support my resume as an editor, and tell stories that I was afraid I was going to forget (I was having memory problems). For a year and a half I had only “stealth” readers (friends who read my posts and told me personally or on Facebook that they enjoyed them); I didn’t take the time to go out and read too many other blogs. (Boy, was I missing out!!) This was fine for a while, but then I started to think I was wasting time that would be better spent sending out my poems or looking for a job. 🙂
I decided to quit the first blog (but then ended up keeping it going) and created Last Train to Qville to get a fresh start. Big difference? I started to go out and visit other blogs and got involved in the photo challenges…I started to ENJOY blogging and other people’s creativity WAS A GIFT! I guess my enjoyment shows because I got nominated for this award!
Now for the RULES to follow when nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Seven Things About Me:
1. I grew up with 6 brothers and 0 sisters!
2. I’m such an animal lover that as a child I would pull chipmunks out of my cat’s mouth and try to nurse them back to health. I brought one to school for Show and Tell in an old bird cage. A friend wanted me to show her mother on my way home; it ended up escaping in the kitchen –I was never invited to that house again.
3. I loved climbed trees when I was a little girl, but now I’m afraid of heights! No reason for it…It just happened one day.
4. My first published poem was about the Boston Red Sox, and it appeared in the editorial section of The Boston Globe.
5. I love watching almost all sports but I’m really not good at any of them.
6. The thing I am most proud of is that I received my Master’s Degree by taking night classes over the course of 5 years while I worked two jobs — I graduated with no student loan debt.
7. I hate questions like “What is your favorite ______” because I can never choose just one thing!
My Nominations for the Very Inspiring Blog Award:
A lot of these already have been nominated for this award, but I can’t help but nominate them again! Most of them write well and/or have great photographs and I just LOVE reading their blogs!
Read Full Post »